Thursday, June 17, 2010

Vancouver


Day 1

The last 2 days of my trip across Canada are here, at Vancouver, British Columbia. Vancouver recently hosted the Winter Olympics (WHERE CANADA DESTROYED). I wish we came when they were going on, because that would be amazing to see. Anyways, at Vancouver, we are planning to see “Kooza” from Cirque du Soleil, the H.R. Macmillan Space Centre, the Vancouver Aquarium, and the Capilano Suspension Bridge. The hotel we chose to stay at was the Fairmont Hotel. After eating breakfast there, we spent the middle of the day (from roughly 10 - 4) at the Vancouver Aquarium. An aquarium is another place, where I feel bad for the poor animals. They are giving the tiniest amount of space to swim around in ever. A fish / shark / whale, etc, normally has the entire ocean to swim around in. In an aquarium, the fish / shark / whale, etc, has all of the size of a school, at the most. After spending 5 - 6 hours feeling bad for the underwater animals, we sat down for a nice dinner at Herons Restaurant. The food there was pretty expensive, averaging from $30 - $40 per person. Once we enjoyed our delectable food, my family and I experienced the coolest show in the world. Known worldwide, we watched “Kooza” from Cirque du Soleil. This was absolutely amazing. The way the contortionists pulled and stretched their limbs blew me away. After the truly tremendous show, we retired back to the Fairmont Hotel to get some rest for tomorrow.

http://vancouver.ca/

http://www.vancouverinfocenter.com/images/vancouverhotel.jpg

Day 2

Falling asleep was extremely hard last night. I just lay in bed, remembering about Cirque du Soleil. “Kooza” was probably the best performance I have ever seen. What we had planned for today may not be as amazing as Cirque du Soleil, but still seem fun. In the morning, my family and I traveled to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. The Capilano Suspension Bridge is 450 feet (135 m) across and 230 feet (70 m) above the Capilano River. During the walk across, I was tempted to push over Greg, and have him fall into the rocky river, hoping that he would fall directly on a pointed rock. Aren’t I a nice twin? :) Well I am, which is why I did not push him over. After having my mom squeal while taking a solid hour just to walk across, we grabbed a bite to eat, and drove to the H.R MacMillan Space Centre. My favourite part about the space centre, was that it had a virtual flight simulator. I enjoy simulators, because it seems that you are actually doing something, that you would usually not have a chance / be able to do in real life. We were just about to leave, when I spotted the most amazing souvenir. It was a porcupine astronaut driving a space shuttle. Obviously, I had to buy this extraordinary item. Unfortunately, my trip across Canada was coming to an end. When we were back at the Fairmont Hotel, we packed up our suitcases, and started our exciting trip back to St. Catharines in a van with my family.

http://vancouver.ca/

http://chicagotheaterblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/kooza8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment